Want to work in one of the most innovative high-tech French companies?
Want to join a young, dynamic and talented team in a fast-growing scale-up?
Kalray is the pioneer in processors for new intelligent systems. As a real technological discontinuity, “intelligent” processors have the capability to analyze on the fly and in an intelligent manner, a very large amount of information, and to make decisions and interact in real time with the outside world. These intelligent processors will be deployed extensively in fast-growing sectors such as new-generation networks (intelligent data centers) and autonomous vehicles, as well as healthcare equipment, drones and robots. Kalray’s offering encompasses both processors and complete solutions (electronic boards and software).
We are looking for a Senior Application Engineer, Data Center – position based in the USA.
Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support for USA-based customer engagements in the Data Center/Storage market:
- Focus on the integration of Kalray’s solutions (processor, boards, software, tools) into various data Cloud, center and appliance contexts.
- Support the US sales team for technical discussions with customer engineering teams
- Contribute to the technical portions of RFPs,RFQs and RFIs
- Assist customers and partners in bringing up and using Kalray’s solutions and development kits
- Contribute to develop specific demonstration software, in collaboration with the R&D team
- Represent Kalray when/where appropriate in industry standard groups(NVM Express, SNIA, OCP, IEEE, DPDK, etc.)
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN, NVMe, NVMe-oF)
- Understanding of distributed computing, multiprocessing, virtual memory subsystems, storage subsystems architecture, shared memory architectures, cache architectures
- Deep understanding of the architecture, design and implementations of virtualized infrastructures, including applications, management (OpenStack, Kubernetes…), in storage and ideally in networking (SDN/NFV)
- Deep understanding of Linux, C programming and high-performance userspace communications technologies such as RDMA, DPDK and SPDK
- Understanding of manycore/multicore chip architecture
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
- 10+ years of experience in the storage /data center industry
- 5+ years of experience as FAE and/or board-level application engineer, preferably with customer-facing experience
- Recent hands-on development experience using Linux,C programming and high-performance userspace
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging Data Center & Storage appliance architectures and related protocols and standards (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN, NVMe, NVMe-oF)
- Deep understanding of the architecture, design and implementations of virtualized infrastructures, including applications, management (OpenStack, Kubernetes…),in storage and ideally in networking(SDN/NFV)
- Understanding of distributed computing, multiprocessing, virtual memory subsystems, storage subsystems architecture, shared memory architectures, cache architectures, and communications technologies such as RDMA, DPDK and SPDK
- Understanding of manycore / multicore chip architecture
- BS in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience
- Be the technical lead and industry expert in the region, growing and leading the North America FAE/Application team
- Expand responsibilities to the automotive & embedded market
- Be part of the architecture team defining the next generation of Kalray products
Type of contract: Permanent /full-time or 1099
Location: Los Altos, CA USA